Today I am so excited to have one of my blog crushes and favorite designers Ann-Marie
here to share a project using my Dear Lizzy stamp
+ some paint. Psst… all the Dear Lizzy products
are still on sale at Scrapbook.com sooooo ch-check it out.
I’m a firm believer that one can never have enough bags for storing essentials of all shapes and sizes! When I spotted this canvas zippered pouch at Target last year in the dollar spot, I knew it had to come home with me. The size is perfect for corralling loose change or sunglasses and then throwing into my purse for safekeeping. With the help of the heart stamp from the Daydreamer set and acrylic paint, I gave the pouch a little pop of color and extra visual interest! Here’s how I did it:
1. First, I gathered all my supplies, including the Daydreamer stamp set, pink twine from the Daydreamer Value pack, an acrylic block, Martha Stewart acrylic paints, a sheet of scratch cardstock, washi tape, two makeup sponges, and a handful of q-tips.
2. To create a smooth surface for applying the paint onto the stamp, I squirted a little paint onto a scratch piece of cardstock (held down to my table with a few strips of washi tape) and then used a makeup sponge to even out the coverage.
3. From there, I began stamping the heart onto the canvas pouch in columns. I repeated this process until I covered the entire bag, leaving three empty spaces for the heart to be stamped in a different color.
4. Since it’s difficult to get a perfect stamp impression when using paint, I filled in any gaps with a q-tip. (You could also use a fine-tipped paintbrush if you prefer.)
5. Once the aqua-colored hearts were dry, I repeated steps 2-4 with yellow paint and stamped in the allotted spaces.
6. Next, I created a tassel for the zipper using neon pink string and pink twine.
7. Creating tassels is super easy! You can get a step-by-step tutorial here
8. Once the tassel was finished, I tied it to the zipper and threw the pouch in my bag! The more organized I can be, the happier I am!