Best Ever Trip mini

studio calico mini album
Best Ever refers to that magical spring break trip I already gushed about on this post… but here we go again.  This time around all the memories are more tangible mixed with paper and glue.

Some of the techniques I used for this mini are:
Painting and watercolor
Printing journaling and the days of the week on vellum & an envelope
Sewing the vellum onto page protectors
Including sand and shells in the page protector and sewing it shut
Stamping on wood tape/ Watercolor on US map & journaling square
Layering & diecutting a page
Everything I used is from the kits at Studio Calico!

dear lizzy mini album
Love all the little pockets in the page protectors.
And here are the vellum pages I printed on and sewed to the page protectors.

dear lizzy mini album
The wood tape in this kit is rad and the stamp set in the mini album kit fits perfect on the tape. Which I am sure is not a coincidence and made me smile because I really appreciate such thoughtfulness.

mini 17dear lizzy mini album
Used my Silhouette Cameo and die cut the above statistics from the trip. I didn’t technically count all the potty breaks so I am curious now how close I was to the truth. My husband always jokes that their bladders are the size of a hummingbirds. I shared some tips for road trip travels with kids in a previous post.

dear lizzy mini album
Included a list of our favorite songs on the road trip inside the envelope.

dear lizzy mini album

waterbrush_comparesilhouette cameostudio calico watercolor setwater brush

KIT

18 thoughts on “Best Ever Trip mini

1. Sarah F

Ahhh! I love all of this. Looks like such a great trip! You have really captured the joy in each moment. Love the big photos mixed with the smaller trinkets.

2. Sandy

Love your album. I really like how you threw in the trip miles, potty breaks, etc. It makes it so much more meaningful to look back on. I was wondering what size it is and what type of page protectors did you use. Thanks.
    Sandy

3. becky

Love the mini album, hands down you are the master of mini albums. I always get inspiration when I see one of yours. Ok so here’s my question. I know all about the options for printing 4×6 photos and instagrams but how do you get all those great larger sizes. Do you have a printer or do you go somewhere? I think the full size pages for your albums are what take them over the edge of awesomeness, lol. Please share 🙂 Thanks!

4. Mika

I love all the work and details you put into this- it shows and looks AWESOME. I especially love the sand and how you organized the pockets and other storage devices. I’m looking forward to reading all your future posts (:

5. Elise Smith-Dewey

Hi Liz,

I’ve met you a couple of times at Spark 2 and at Scrapfest at MOA and I have a burning question about what font you use when cutting things out of your Cameo for this book and for the others you have blogged about—I think you use the same font each time-am trying to help my daughter make an invite for the bachelorette party she is hosting at our house for her best friend and wanted to cut out of the front of the card but even though I’ve had my Cameo for awhile, I feel like I’m still a newbie and need oodles of help…thanks so much—love your blog, Elise in MN

6. Lindsay A.

LOVE your minis. They are always awesome.

Question– where do you STORE all of your pages and albums? I’m having a HUGE storage problem that I can’t tackle. I seriously think they need a room of their own. For reals.

XO, Lindsay