December Daily: 25

It was quite fitting that it was snowing as I uploaded pics for this post since the album is about December & Christmas. Also, I am wearing a beanie since I am a baby about the cold.

December Daily, holiday albums & anything to document the magical traditions of Christmas time is time well spent. That’s why I dug up this album I started last year and finished the majority of it last week for the Two Peas Garden.
For the base of the album I used an SC Handbook the same size as my Dear Lizzy mini album.

This album has a few different techniques that I enjoyed in the process:
Printing a photo on patterned paper. (I have done this the past couple years for my album.)
Diecut a quote of favorite song and scripture for a full page usingΒ myΒ Silhouette.
Layering on pages from holiday catalogs.
Sewing pieces of vellum to the front of page protectors.

Loving the wood tiles and cards from Two Peas!!

I used my Silhouette to diecut a song lyric and scripture pages then sewed them to the page protector. (Following the seam of the page protector as I stitched them together.) Seeing through to the next page is one of my favorite things to add to the design of mini albums.

The tress I dyed below: View the post about Bottle Brush Trees here

A story below about the time I dressed up as Santa…! The kids loved this new traditon!

24 thoughts on “December Daily: 25

1. Amber

Have you ever tried putting printed paper in your selphy canon printer? I have one, and I want to try it, but I’m nervous!! And your December Daily is awesome, as always!!

2. Meagan

Love it! I’ve been picking through my stash the last week making up a kit to do my album this year and its all similar bright colors so this is just the inspiration I needed! Thanks for sharing πŸ™‚ PS my sis took a mini book class of yours years ago where most of the pages were the cut out sayings/words with your silhouette, I’ve been obsessed with doing that since πŸ™‚
    PPS would you be able to do a quick tut on how to print a picture on pat paper like that, how it fades that way? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME (I’ve been playing around and can’t that nice faded look)
    Ok, that’s it, I swear πŸ™‚

3. S Hurst

Please, please bring back the gold polka dot vellum…I know it would fly off the shelves again. I bought 4 sheets when it was released and I wish I bought 14.

4. laura griffin

what a wonderful album! I did DD in 2011 and my granddaughter (she’s 8) loves looking at it…missed out last year because of health problems, but am going to try it again this year…would really like to incorporate some religious items into it…after all, why is it we celebrate??? thinking about buying some religious Christmas cards and either scanning them into 3×4 or cutting them down…finding some stamps of the manger…etc…writing quotes from ‘Silent Night’ etc. on some journaling cards..embellishing them with stars…any other ideas??? πŸ™‚

1. Elizabeth Kartchner Post author

I love that idea… I should see if I can work on some cut files for people and some designs for cards to print. because that’s something I want to focus on more for our family this Christmas. πŸ™‚

1. laura griffin

that would be great!! it’s really hard to find religious images to incorporate into scrapbooking and it really blows my mind because we are celebrating the birth of Jesus at Christmas..not how much we can buy our kids!!

5. Cindy

I love everything about this post. Your Christmas book is beautiful. I love the colors you used, your photographs, and your layouts. Thank you for sharing this with us.

6. michelle

I’ve been trying and trying to use the link below this post where the supplies are listed and it’s not bringing me to the item I want. I’m trying to find/buy the dividers with a picture of glittery rainbow lights on it. Please help!

1. Elizabeth Kartchner Post author

It’s a Hanbook Insert by StdioCalico and it looks like it’s sold out. You could try googling it to see if anyone else sells it. Sorry!!! I will see if I can find one too.

7. Pingback: December Daily days 6-10 | Alexes Marie Brown

8. Pingback: 100+ Essential December Daily Resources | rukristin papercrafts

9. Laura

So cute! I love your ideas, always so bright and colorful and fun – such a great inspiration πŸ™‚

– L