Dear Lizzy: Selphy Printer Video

In December an Instagram friend, Lexi, posted a pic of her printer and how she was printing from her phone. I was on a mission to find a photo printer with those capabilities but wasn’t having much luck. Excited to try it out, I forwarded the info to Santa. Dear Santa, Please get me the Canon Selphy CP900 printer…
Since I was a good girl and all, when Christmas rolled around I unwrapped my new toy. Fast forward a couple months and I am finally getting around to playing with it, and I must say, it’s really fun!

This past weekend, I followed my Avery around & filmed her. For some reason she likes to set up her toys and take pics of them. Or her and Q love to sneak my phone and take funny pictures and videos on it. Then I showed her how easy it is to print her photos directly from my iphone.

(Follow the Canon Selphy instruction manual and it’s pretty quick set up. I just had to make sure that my phone and the printer were on the exact same wireless network. At first it wouldn’t work because one of them was on our guest wireless network. Otherwise it was easy.)
You need two apps you’ll see in the video: Canon iepp & if you want to print two Instagrams on one 4×6 paper you’ll use a collage app like PicFrame with the 3:2 ratio option and save the collage to your photo library then print.
Instagram lovers will appreciate this printer because it encourages us to get our photos off our phones and on display.  This makes me so excited for taking it on our trip next month too since it’s very compact.

If the video doesn’t show up below CLICK HERE See my other videos on vimeo

Song: Katie Herzig
Dear Lizzy: film, edit, text
Collin Kartchner Studios: film printing shots and edits

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks for watching! xo, Lizzy

64 thoughts on “Dear Lizzy: Selphy Printer Video

1. Joanne P

Love the video. I just purchased this printer. Did you have to buy the battery and charger separately? Just curious if its necessary. Thank you!

1. Elizabeth Kartchner Post author

I just use the cord and an outlet. A battery and charger isn’t necessary! …but that would be cool. You’ll have to share how you like the printer when you get it.

2. Amber LafataPchoochie

Oh I just love it!! The printer and the video!! Does the printer come with the paper and ink or do you need to order those seperate?

3. Shay

I just love this! I think it’s so cute the moments you capture with your girls, and that they love to play with your phone for pics too! Caleb just uses mine for games, not nearly as cute LOL

1. Elizabeth Kartchner Post author

haha! I’m the mean mom that doesn’t have any games on my phone. :) I do have Disney Junior channel though.

4. Michelle

Thanks for posting that!! I got mine a little while back and like all new gadgets I am always hesitant to get started. Looks so easy though. Time to take mine out of the box!

1. Elizabeth Kartchner Post author

me too…! took me months to just get it out of the box! Easier than I thought to get started. You’ll love it!

5. lauren vallejo

lizzy! this is going on my birthday list!! =)

p.s. where did you get your i phone case, I love it! if you can let me know,that would be great!

6. Nancy

I’m back with one question, before I hit the buy button for my cart, ha! I have the printer and ink/paper in my best buy cart ready to purchase. How does it do with ink? I read one review that he only got 6 prints from on cartridge. Surely that can’t be right?! I have been itching for this and seeing the video has me ready to buy so go ahead and push me over the line, hehe. thanks Spark sister!

1. Elizabeth Kartchner Post author

No the cartridges say exactly how many prints it will produce. THe printer comes with 5-6 prints so that must be what the review is referring to. when you buy it purchase some paper/cartridge. :)

7. Pallavi

Hi Lizzy! :) Your video was so adorable! Your daughters are so precious! I really hope to have girls someday so I can dress them up like you do. I love my selphy too. I use Pic collage app because it lets me change the background colors too. Love how professional your videos are! Thanks for posting xoxo .:hugs:.

8. caz hancock

I love it, Santa brought mine too and i had it up and running in like 3 minutes. I use it all the time and am up to date with PL because of it. Lucy has the canon app on her Ipod(also from santa) and i love that she can just print off all the cute pics she takes when her friends are round.

Oh and Lucy also loves to take pics of her toys etc, wonder where she gets it from LOL

our girls would get on so so so well

1. Elizabeth Kartchner Post author

Yes, you should just be able to resize your photos to 3×4 before you print… I will try it out.

9. Elena

I love technology – had no idea about the Canon Selphy! That would be a great thing to have during a party for photobooth pics. (Ugh oh.) Not sure if you’re interested in the technical tidbits of printing, but you can read my blog post here if you’re interested :)

Btw, I showed my friends the video you did about misting on Lizzy Paper Party, and they were blown away! Love your work.

10. Pingback: How to Print Instagram Photos (VIDEO) - Simple Scrapper

11. Pingback: 3 Ways to Print Your Instagram Photos for Scrapbooking | Into Scrapbooking

12. Brenda

This may be a dumb question but can this printer print 2 photos on a 4 x 6 just from a regular camera without apps???

Thanks and GREAT video!

Brenda

1. Emily @EncouragedOverCoffee

Did you ever find this out? I live overseas and being able to bring for Project Life at home would be a time saver for sure. But if I wasted have the 4*6 paper for each print then I’d have to wait for slower-than-snail-mail to order pictures.
        Thanks!

1. Elizabeth Kartchner Post author

hi emily,

okay so you just need a way to make put the photos you want together before you choose to print. I can’t figure out how to collage on this printer. :)

xo

13. Kelly Jean

Ohmygosh! This is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing this. I pinned it so I can keep it in the future. Hopefully my hubby can get it for our anniversary!!

14. Cheryl

I have a question. I heard that that the Selphy prints slightly smaller than 4×6-will it fit in the Project Life Pockets correctly?

15. Carolyn

Darling video! Sorry if I missed this. Does it print the Instagram pics in 4×4 size? Does it require cropping? Thanks so much for all your replies!

16. Suz

I have had the older model Canon ES40 Selphy for a few years now-and while I love it, I am looking forward to getting the newer model with wireless option.
    Great video! And as always, your girls are precious! :)

17. Claudette

Thank you for showing us how to print from our iPhone! My bro just got me this for my bday so your video totally helped me!!! BTW, your daughters are adorable! Great video!

18. Ali Smith

Hi Lizzy,
    I am going to be traveling to Israel in July and would love to take a picture printer with me to do a photo journal along the way. since you have had your printer up and running a for a little while now, would you think it would easy to travel with or a hassel?
    Thanks!

Ali Smith

19. Amber LafataPchoochie

I just got mine, but I can’t get it to work with my iPhone! Help me! could you please come over to my house and make it work :)

20. Sue Pendrey

Hi I have it set up and have printed from my comp but can’t get my iPhone to connect has anyone got any ideas as all please x sue

21. Natalie

Thanks for the video! I got my printer yesterday and I have been printing picture after picture trying to figure out how to print my instagram photos without having them cut off.

However, I wish I could have them print EXACTLY 4×4 not smaller like they do when using the pic stich app like you showed in your video. I would LOVE to know if you know how to make this happen. Please email me if you know how (before I run out of paper and ink trying).

Thanks so much!

22. Ana caguiat

I tried using the 3:2 ratio then tapped the 2 photos in a frame… But the box where the photo goes is not square, instead its rectangular in shape and cuts my instagram photo…

23. Anny

It’s hard for me to get connected is there any tips for the wifi? How do I print multiple photos? Is it from settings? Because when I put 4 from settings only print one.

1. Elizabeth Kartchner Post author

Make sure that your internet doesn’t make you go to a separate webpage to enter a password… Have you got on wifi yet? There should be a place for the number of prints… let me check mine…

1. Ellie

Hi Lizzy, first – I think your video just lovely – I was looking for help on getting my Selphy to print from the ipad and found you…BUT I still need help! Why oh why can’t I print a complete picture??? the square format pics are being cropped every time but I can’t find any settings in the canoniEPP app to avoid this. PS I’m in the UK near Oxford!

24. jasmine

first of all, this video is beautiful! i love how you guys edited it.

and secondly, i wanted to ask you: how is the quality of the printed photos with this printer? i’m really interested in getting it! it seems so easy to use!! also, can you print on different types of paper like vellum or scrapbook paper?

1. Elizabeth Kartchner Post author

I like the quality!

It’s not as good as my favorite photo lab but for home I like it. :) It’s definitely acclaimed more for compact and wireless. But the quality is good. :)

25. Kim Woods

I have a gift card to amazon.com for $75 and am contimplating this printer or maybe another that would also print larger pics. Any thoughts on other printers for larger prints? My bare bones Epson is starting to show her age and barely catches paper. Thanks Liz!

26. Pingback: Shoot, Print , Repeat – Canon Selphy CP900 | Captured With A Camera

27. Agatha Beltran

Instagram pic inst. using picframe app: How did you get it to print the square photos? Wen I follow the inst. to choose the 3:2 ration and then the 2 photo option, then send it to the canon epp, it comes out rectangular, with the sides being cut off.