A little secret…

I feel like I take plenty of photos that illustrate our everyday life that someday my kids will look through and appreciate our little life and I will appreciate all the headaches they caused me. ha! But really maybe they will and maybe they won’t but I love our days spent together despite my sarcasm in the last sentence. Nobody told me that motherhood would be so hard. No one really tells you anything. It’s like you leave the hospital with a baby and there you go… But I don’t think anyone really tells you how challenging because, for the most part, the munchkins make up for it with all the happy, gushy I-am-so-grateful-to-be-your-mommy moments. I love those times. It really does help me forget earlier that day when I wanted to pull my hair out.
My bestie from ages ago took our family pictures. And before I just went on a rant about being a mom I was talking about pictures. How I love our everyday photos, they are my favorite kind of pics, but I wanted someone else to capture us together. You know, in a totally unrealistic running around in a field… only stopping to hug and laugh kind of way. Because these pictures are great too. Sure it looks like a pic you take out of a frame you just bought but, man, I love it. How would I even capture that squeeze from Avery or Collins dimple and how he’s gazing down at me like we had just met yet deeper like we’ve been together for ten years? How did this happen? We look like such a big family to me. It’s weird how beyond the outfits and curled hair this picture captures how I feel about these munkchins and my man. Surrounded by chaos yet we are holding onto each other since that’s all that matters in the first place.
And just when I think life couldn’t get more crazy…

I’M PREGNANT!!

15 weeks preggo to be exact!

xo, Lizzy

186 thoughts on “A little secret…

1. shay

OMGOOOOSHHHH! Congrats Liz!!!! I couldn’t be happier for you & your whole fam, you guys are just too cute, can’t wait to see another beautiful baby, yours are so cute ;] xoxo

2. VIvien

Ohh, I was so surprised reading it, and I just had a happy feeling instantly. Hope it is a boy for this time! :) god bless you and your super sweet family, i love to read your blog and your kiddos are amazing :)

3. Holly Ann

First of all, that photo is absolutely divine. It’s perfect. And the way Collin is looking at you is priceless. What sweet girls and a sweet family. And of course, congratulations!!!

4. Heather Adams

Totally was not expecting the end! Huge congrats!! :) Yes, maybe this one will be a boy. That would totally change your family! LOL

5. Kim Woods

So exciting! Are you waiting to find out the sex or do you “peek” early? You make a darling preggo, I remember how cute you were at Spark! #2. I will pray for an easy pregnancy and a soft landing :) How did you tell the girls? Did they freak out?!

6. laurie lariviere

how exciting!! I agree with Dunia, #4 will be your baby boy! either way it’s a blessing, congrats to all of you, you look fab, hope you’re feeling great too!

7. Suezi Gurzi

I knew it! Something about one of your pictures this week…I said to my little ole self..that Dear Lizzie is pregnant!!! So excited and happy for your little family! Congratulations!! You and Collin make such pretty little girls but I do hope Collin gets his boy! (well besides the dog) Heehee!!

8. Valerie

Oh my gosh! That is wonderful! I, too, am a mom of 4 (girl-15, boy-13, and 2 boys-10); it is really a crazy ride, but one I am SOOOO glad I’m taking. Very very happy for you and your beautiful family! And P.S. The way you did your post with the announcement at the end… brilliant!

9. Lacey

I knew it when I saw your Facebook post! Congratulations!!!!!
    I hope Collin gets a little boy(plus little boys are so sweet to their mothers;) but you
    guys do make adorable little girls. I’m so excited for y’all!

10. Sigrun Campbell

HA I am not surprised at all!! Actually I thought you were going to say that when I saw the headline – awhile back you said you wanted to sleep all the time!!!

I got a boy after my girls so maybe a boy this time????? However, my sister in law had to try 5 times to get a boy….. and my cousin ended up with 7 girls so you never know!
    Your girls are gorgeous and I wish you a healthy and happy pregnancy!
    Looking forward to all the pics!

11. Rachel Harrison

Congratulations Lizzie!! what date are you due……I am 21 weeks pregnant with my 7th, how exciting, A little secret gave it away……so happy for you!!

12. SandraA

Pictures are great! Congratulations, and God’s blessing to your entire family, including your new love. All the best to you.

13. Clippergirl

I knew it!!! From your blog title….congratulations! What a lucky little baby boy or girl will be, to join such a loving family!

14. Carrie

heehe! Love the post and the pictures! Congratulations again Liz! I hope you are feeling better and will pray for an easy pregnancy and a bright eyed bushy-tailed healthy baby! :) You look great!!

15. Michelle M in CA

So excited about your news! I have 4 children too! Would have had more if I could! They are what life is about! You and Colin are an amazing couple, raising lovely girls. Your posts are an inspiration to so many of us…for me its a little spot of sunshine in my day! I even show your posts to my 14 year old daughter…We love your fashion sense, the snipets of your life you share… and i told her, someday, when you choose a spouse, you should choose like LIzzy chose…her best friend, who has deep faith and great humor! your life will be filled with love, laughter and joy! praying for a lovely pregnancy, a healthy baby and more posts about your magical life! ;)

16. Destiny

Hey, me too!! Well, 16 weeks for me! CONGRATS!! I’m so happy for you! I’ve read your blog since Avery was little and have loved watching your sweet family grow!! Looking forward to following along on this one as well!
    Take care,
    Destiny

17. Kristan Martin

Have never posted to your blog before, but literally am in tears. How wonderful. I am overwhelmed with happiness for your family.

18. Angela

Congratulations! I just love your blog. You have such a beautiful family!!! I am so excited for you and hope to one day be a mother like you!

19. Merri

No wonder you’ve been so tired lately! At least…that’s what I’ve gathered from your recent posts. :) Congratulations to you! I hope you are through the “exhausted/sick” phase and onto the happy. All the best to you.

20. Ariel

Girl, I KNEW IT! lol I have been reading your blog for a loooong time now & all that “sleepiness” & naps you were posting about were the same things you posted about before your other babes! ;) Congrats Kartchner family!!!!

21. Nancy Wyatt

I knew it! I felt bad for thinking you might be pregnant incase you weren’t ;) congrats!! You two make the cutest babies!!!

22. Jennifer

Congratulations to you all, I think you are a beautiful family!! Being a parent is the hardest job there is, there are times when you really do want to rip your hair out and then there are the beautiful moments. I think you both are fantastic parents and it is that honesty is makes it work, we all do the best we can, the real world is not like the magazines or the movies, some days are CRAP!
    I wish you many blessings for the new addition, they are being born into a wonderful loving family.

23. Jule

When I read the title, that was my first thought! Congratulations!!!!! I wish you a pleasant pregnancy and a healthy baby. And of course our world would like to have a forth of those beautiful and lively Kartchner-Girls, I think. BTW, 14th week here, we feel blessed.

24. Iara

I think you are crazy :) but if I was a bit younger (as you are) I would probably have a 4th baby too. Congratulations from the bottom of my heart, it is sure going to be wonderful.

25. Michele B

Congratulations! I know what you mean about motherhood being a mix of wanting to pull you hair out and having those wonderful moments when you just connect with your children. I have two boys (ages 8 and 5) and I have no idea how you do it with three (and soon to be four!) Thank you for all the wonderful inspiration~ I originally came to you blog through the crafting world but love your posts about motherhood and life in general.

26. Tabitha

WOW!!! C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!!!!! So happy for you! Your family is beautiful and so are you! All the best for this new bundle of joy!! Maybe it will be a boy……

27. Diana

Congratulations! Beautiful post and photos. Children are such a blessing! They make you laugh and cry all at the same time.

28. Pink

Wow! Congratulations!
    Hoping (for Colin) that it’s a boy ;-))

All the best for you and your family!

PS: I’m 17 weeks now with our first one and soooooo excited.

29. Jenny

Congratulations!! You are such an inspiration for me! I only have one and I feel like my life is crazy and out of control, then I look at you with 3 (soon 4 + a puppy!!) and how amazing your life looks and all the things that you manage to do and I feel inspired by it.
    Congrats Liz!! you are amazing :)

30. carol

thanks for sharing such a great new! congratulation!!! it is gonna be another beautiful chapter in your life.Take good care of yourself. SMILE.

31. Anelsie Ramos

Wow!!! What a wonderful surprise!!! Congratulations!!! Another gorgeous baby on the way! You have such a beautiful family! God bless you all!!! Hugs!

32. Lara

Congratulations!!! We have 3 girls, then our son was our 4th (and last, lol). I love my girls, but was so happy to find out we were having a boy! Best to you and your beautiful family!

PS…
    Those pics are great!

33. Jamia

Without even reading the title, I knew that was coming. I think it was the roller coaster talk about being a mommy! The best darn job in the world! Congrats I hope it’s a boy!

34. Merav

Hi Elizabeth ! Been a follower for a long time….gorgeous pictures, gorgeous blog and family. Big congrats! Xx merav

35. Sharon Gronow

Big smile on my face. I live in the UK and over the years I pop in and out of your blog and have loved to follow you and your family’s stories – happy and sad. None makes me more happy than when you announce another “little munchkin” is on the way. Good luck and best wishes to you all.

36. Warholette

Congratulations!!! Your family is adorable and I can’t wait to see another cute addition :)) I wish you all the best!

37. AMY

congrats! I don’t know you but I love your blog. I happen to have 3 kids very close to your 3 kids ages and am 15 weeks along too. I’ve been waiting for you to make an announcement:) the only difference is I have 2 boys and a girl. Maybe you’ll get a boy this time. How fun! I know of the chaos, but it is so rewarding.

38. Lisa W.

OMG EXCITED…that is wonderful news. I love pregnant cuteness, love the babies. So excited to see you go this journey! Congradulations!

39. Jen B

Congratulations to you and your family! I wish nothing but the healthiest of babies for you.
    I just brought home my own tiny bundle. My 3rd boy was born just after Halloween. Sweet joy.

40. Eli

Out of a frame! Sure but how good is to run around and been photographed! Only time you can be you without worrying about the posing or the timer in the camera!
    So happy for your news!!! A baby is always a blessing! Do you know is just one, for a moment I imagine twins! How cute that would be! Anyway, one or two, boy or girl, I wish you is healthy! Have a happy pregnancy!
    Xoxoxooxox

41. Samantha

Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing with us your exciting news! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy. Photos are so beautiful…

42. Scrappyjen

Massive congratulations to you and your beautiful family! Enjoy it cos the time is just gonna fly by, I’m only a week or so away from the arrival of number 2, and it feels like I only just found out (mind you the pregnant waddle and desperate need for sleep tell me otherwise). Super excited for you.

43. Joy3Boys

Congrats!!! Your girls are adorable and I love it when I hear that a baby is going to be blessed with a wonderful family! Best wishes for a healthy, happy baby!

44. sophie sl

Congrats to you and yours!!! How lovely to read such wonderful news. What is more surprising is finding out that you are as pregnant as I am! My first is the same age as your third=) Now April is going to be real fun! Hope the first trimester blues have left you! Enjoy the journey ahead!

45. Corey Brock

Congratulations!!!! What great news for your adorable family!!! I”m sure your girls are so excited! :-) We just had our 4th a few weeks ago and its awesome! Totally nonstop, but I wouldn’t trade it for the world! I’m guessing boy! :-)