Hello from Scrapfest

Blogging this morning from Minnesota! I’m teaching at one of my favorite scrapbooking events put on by Archivers at the Mall of America-Scrapfest! Scrapbooking, shopping, friends, eating… and now you are understanding why it’s one of my favorites.
Being surrounded by ladies who have the same love for scrapbooking is completely inspiring.

They get why we take photos of everything, why we can’t wait to get that new Crate product, why we squeal with excitement to meet an online friend in person, why we lug around a tote full of supplies, why we love paper and glue, why we never have enough thickers, why it’s tragic when we don’t have an “e” to finish that perfect title on a page, why each Glue Dot is round piece of heaven, why we stay up until the wee hours of the morning to finish the page of your daughter’s birthday party, why we are never caught up completely.
Why we create endless albums full of pages telling our life story.

Thanks Archivers and your amazing staff for another great year!
Some of my FAVORITE PRODUCTS right now:

14 thoughts on “Hello from Scrapfest

1. Heather Dzioba

Sounds fun! You are so right – scrappers really understand each other. I only have one friend who knows the importance of a new Basic Grey collection or the latest wood veneer shapes from Studio Calico. Which reminds me, I can’t wait to buy the new Dear Lizzy collection soon!

2. Alex

Man, totally jealous. A weekend full of scrapbooking and meeting the most talented crafters and designers, all inside the MALL OF AMERICA?! Awesome. I’m totally jealous.

3. Carrie

Sooo glad I got to see you for a bit! I know the rest of the trip was a blast; wish I could have scrapped with y’all! …maybe another time!! Hope you had a safe trip home Liz! :) Blessings,

4. sandra m.

You are so right about everything scrapbooking! Love the phrase “little round glue dot of heaven”, lol. Thank you for making the trip and sharing yourself with thousands of scrappers this past weekend. You and Maggie were so cute running around together, you both just radiate fun and happiness and friendship – all the memories that are so important to remember! Scrap your weekend together!

5. Libby

Glad you had a wonderful time in Minnesota. Where and when for 5th and Frolic?
    It is not on the American Crafts shop nor at Blue Moon.com or Scrapbooking.com.

6. Michelle L.

Fun to see you during your break with Maggie at Noodles on Saturday (I was the one with the new baby Collin). I tried my best to not come across an over-the-top Elizabeth Kartchner fan…But the truth is that I AM. You have such an incredible sense of style and you are so authentic. It was a treat to meet you!

7. Laurie Haws

It was so great to meet you on the flight yesterday!

I love your site and it’s giving me the motivation to get that craft room cleaned out soon and get back to work on all those scrapbooks :)

1. Laurie Haws

My husband Marc just asked me yesterday about you. He was talking to his friend who does Westhost to see if you had contacted them yet. If you are still interested, contact Jeff Hunsaker and tell him we referred you :) He’ll treat you well!