Holiday /// a crappy iphone video but i love it!

I wasn’t planning on making a movie with my iphone videos but I was happily surprised at how many clips I captured, so, putting together a little video was a must. Collin got much better footage of our trip and I can’t wait until he makes a video with his. He’s probably slowly shaking his head as he watches this garbage. ; )
I didn’t put much thought into any of this and just walked around with my phone but I really love it!! I love the filter because it adds to the casual shooting and a retro vibe to the video. The very last clip is Avery singing about pancakes while filming her pancakes so I had to add it. Especially since finding videos and photos my daughters’ take on my phone is like finding a five dollar bill in my pocket.

Click here to watch video if it’s not showing up.

Now about this song…! It’s one of my favorites. I first heard Sarah Sample at Spark No. 3 and it honestly was one of my favorite live concerts. She’s a hilarious story-teller and had everyone there in the palm of her hands. I cried, laughed and felt like she was my new best friend. This song is HOLIDAY: by Sarah Sample. Seriously click play just to hear a happy tune and then plan a little holiday for yourself.

And since my last post was about my Favorite Photo Editing Apps… you can add 8mm to the line up. The app I used to make this video is reminiscent of a real 8mm camera. There are a bunch of different filters and frames to choose from. It instantly gives your footage a vintage feel which is a lot of fun.

Posting this picture to remind myself how gorgeous this water really was compared to the brown ocean in the vid.
Happy Monday! xo, Lizzy

33 thoughts on “Holiday /// a crappy iphone video but i love it!

1. Krystin

It looks like you had a great time, Lizzy! The video isn’t garbage! It’s really charming and sweet! Thanks for sharing. Hopefully I can get to a beach soon!

XO Krystin

2. laura b

The video is charming! You inspired me to create one of my own. Since I am the photographer in the family, I said to my husband many years ago that he would have to be the one taking video. Well, that never happened. Even once. But maybe I could shoot some video on my phone! Thanks for sharing!

3. Heather DG

Brightened my day right up – thank you for sharing! Such a great little treasure of time with your fam. Made me realize I need to start taking vids – especially next time I go to Coz. Now I’m off check out Sarah Sample…

4. Lisa

Absolutely LOVED IT!!! My son loved it, too. I love the vintage effect. But I cannot WAIT to buy the song. I am on iTunes arrest currently, but I may just bat my big brown eyes and see if the hubs will give in for some grilled chicken tonight. Love your blog!!! And your girls melt me–since I am up to my elbows in Legos and swords!!!

5. Sylvie

I absolutely love it!
    There are 2 apps available in the store: 8mm Camera from TEKTEK and 8mm Vintage camera from Nexvio… Could you tell me which one is the one you use?

Thank you so much for sharing.
    Sylvie

6. Claudia

Love the video! I have that app and love the vintage look you get with it. I think I should try to use it more often, and now I wish I would have used it on my trip to New York. I got caught up in taking photos only, and it’s nice have a video like this. It really captures all those special moments. Which program did you edit with? Well, thanks for sharing your amazing video!

7. Claudia

~Claudia

8. Libby

I loved it! You did good, really, really good!
    Thanks for sharing the vid and the tips today and last time.

9. Lesa

Just adorable! I used to make family movies a lot but haven’t had time now that I have my own almost 11 month old! This inspires me to do something with all MY phone clips! I even have the app already! :-) It’s wonderful & thanks for sharing the name of the song too!

10. Lori

Great memory making there!! Precious.

Which resort did you stay at (if you don’t mind me asking)?? We are looking for one to take our kids to for the first time… Thanks!

11. Carol

Great Documentation of your trip….this is why I scrapbook, take pics, shoot video……You get your money’s worth…and more by having all the lovely memories! Looks like you had a great vacay! Thanks for sharing!!!!

12. Samantha

I didn’t think that was a crappy video at all! It was super sweet and a fun way to remember your holiday. Thanks for sharing – I loved it!!

13. nycole

Great video! I never take video…but you have inspired me to try. Which program did you use to edit the video?

14. Pearl

I love love this video clip!
    I always record a million clips on my iphone and to finally find a tool that I can use to put them all together is amazing! I cant wait to play around with it.
    Thanks for the inspiration! And I cant wait to see what Collin will come up with.

Pearl

15. Monica

Wow, that video actually looks great! It really sweetly and simply captures the trip… and the song is perfect! Thanks for sharing. :)