She loves Him

Happy Easter!!
She loves Him… and I am not talking about the Easter Bunny. Although I was woken up at sunrise with a giddy little girl beaming about the eggs hidden all over the house.
But in this case I mean our Savior.
Yesterday we celebrated what would have been my Dad’s 55th birthday. As I carried a chocolate cake up three flights of stairs to my mom’s home with the words Families Are Forever scribbled on it with red frosting I felt such a warmth in my heart that I knew those words were true. I was also carrying Lola in my other arm, who is just as yummy as that chocolate frosting, and as I looked at her I knew even more that those words were true. I definitely put myself in a pickle carrying two precious things… save the cake or baby? haha Of course Lola would win.
Later that day, as we lite the candles I remember Avery asking me, “Why can’t Grandpa Kevin come down just for a little while? I don’t want to die to have to see him.”  She was even crying when she added, “Is he going to hear us when we sing Happy Birthday?”

Happy Birthday Daddy!

On this beautiful Easter Sunday I am humbled to know that Jesus suffered and died for me and for you. The greatest act of love. Then three days later he rose triumphantly and was resurrected… overcoming death that we may live again. He did this for each us. Because of this my dad lives again and we too have that blessing… because of His great atonement we can return to our Heavenly Father. We couldn’t and can’t do it ourselves. Christ stands with open arms for us to come unto Him.
I feel my Savior’s love, the love he freely gives me.

25 thoughts on “She loves Him

1. Kit Wilson

I too know.
    And love Him.

Thank you for sharing your witness, Avery Elizabeth Kartchner, and Liz; from two humble and precious followers to the world.

2. Colette

Thank-you for such warm and comforting words today. I have felt very unsettled this week following the death of an old friend of my husbands. He was not quite 40 so was taken very young just like your Dad. Unfortunately he didn’t have any faith and as I am a Christian this has bothered me all week. I didn’t know him well, my husband and he had drifted apart, but his death really upset my husband. He suffered a great deal before he died so I hope in some way he has found peace in death. Sorry to burden you with this but your words have eased me a lot,

Colette.

3. Jamie

Today would have been my Dads 77th birthday, we lost him to cancer a year and a half ago. Thanks for sharing.

4. Kathy

So beautifully written, thank you for these words. Happy Birthday to your dad, I know he is smiling down upon your family. Hope you are having a fabulous Easter Sunday.

5. Andi Sexton

This is one of the most beautiful posts I have read/seen in quite some time. I love the photos, the message, the words from your daughter asking about her grandfather. I also lost my Father, when he was 55, and that was 22 years ago. But, I also believe we will meet again.

In his name.

6. Annmarie H

Christ has risen today…Indeed he has risen. I learned in church today that is how early Christians greated one another on Easter day. Thank you for your beautiful message today. It would be nice to see more people acknowledge todays true meaning of Christ’s ultimate sacrifice.
    My father also died young at 55 when I was 4 1/2. I can’t believe it is 36 years. I also believe he is living and that we will be together as a whole family one day.
    Happy Easter to you and your family.

7. tiffany

He is Risen! He is Risen indeed! I am so thankful for Christ’s sacrifice on the cross and that He defeated death so that we can be reconciled with our Father!

Beautiful post Liz. Happy Resurrection Day. <3

8. Kristin

Just beautiful Liz. I just left my daddy’s home (yes, at 26 he is still “daddy”) & feel blessed to have had this day with him. I hope that when I have babies some day, they will be able to have some time with him, too, like your babies did with their Grandpa. I love that you were all able to be together & celebrate his life with your family yesterday. :) You are all just so sweet & thoughtful. Happy Easter.

9. Veronica

May God continue to Bless you and yours. I am THANKFUL for this beautiful life we are given. Happy Birthday to you daddy. ;-) {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you.

10. Carol Chastain

so glad to see you share your faith so boldly. Because He lives….others may too. Hits very close to home today since last night a pastor in our town lost his 15 year old son in a car accident. He knew Jesus…and so…today he KNOWS Jesus…in His presence on this Easter Sunday. TO know CHrist and the power of His Resurrection….Grace.

11. Kelly

Happy Easter to you and your family! My hubby and I are not very religious and may not have the same beliefs, but reading your posts always makes me feel relaxed and comfortable, not how I often get when reading things about religion or God. Thank you for that feeling and for sharing!

PS: Avery’s words re: your father hearing the “Happy Birthday” are the sweetest of all. I think this often with my loved ones that are gone. I know that they can hear me and know I’m thinking of them.

Thank you again for sharing.

12. Pamela K.

Thank you for this post. I’ve been missing my dad, too. But I have the comfort in knowing that he is basking in God’s presence and that we will be reunited someday.

13. trish

Beautifully said – thanks for sharing your testimony. God has given you a talent and a voice and sharing His love with all that you have is a wonderful blessing.