within hands reach

This weekend I made a conscious effort to have my camera within my wish-the-weekend-wasn’t-over hand’s reach. Something that takes a teensy bit more thought but I’ve never regretted because the photos are hugely rewarding. Here’s just a few of my favorites.
A decorated dollhouse and a sweet baby.

Ribbon in Lola’s hair. It’s elastic and perfect for headbands.
Watercolors
Carousel rides

Cutest miniature snowman & Collin in his studdly Sunday attire. Do people still say studdly? ;)

16 thoughts on “within hands reach

1. Lee

I don't know if "studly" is still in fashion or not…but it definitely should still be used! It's such a fun, silly word. =)

And the picture of Lola in front of the window? Lovely!!

2. Stef

Oh my, all lovely pictures. I love the little dollhouse pic that captures so much personality. Makes me want to run out and buy an Instax more than ever…cause doesn't every little girl need real photos on their dollhouse wall?

3. maggie@midwesternsewinggirl

Just lovely…you have definitely inspired me to take more photos of the "everyday" – and I love love love the top photo…looks like Tink must have had a rough night…;)

4. Veronica

Really? Studdly? Like he NEEDS to hear that. LOL
    Love the idea of just taking "Random" pictures of Life! Puts things in perspective, doesn't it? Just remembering the daily activities of the "day to day." ;-)

5. patty

where did you get those cutie boots your daughter has on? and what camera did you use to take the pics?

thanks for reminding "us" to capture the everyday!
    xoxo…

6. LoriLou

having a rough day/night, was so hoping you had blogged today — love the photos, they made me feel peaceful and happy… oh, and yes, "stud"ly is still used, at least i use it when referring to my cutie husband
    xo

7. carrie

LOVE the documenting from the weekend! …made me smile!
    And Collin…you get extra studdly points for being captured on camera with your hands in dishwater! ;)

8. Tracy

Your blog entries are always inspiring. Your photos beautiful. You make life beautiful in small ways with your evident positivity and sweet, clever decorations. Thank you:)