cookies by day crafts by night

Some of my favorite shots from yesterday while making sugar cookies. I don’t think that it’s ironic that my favorite photos from yesterday involve making sweets.

Week in the life has been a fun project to work on. I don’t kill myself trying to capture every moment but I’m so happy with what I’ve captured that I probably wouldn’t have otherwise. Like when Avery was upset and escaping the house saying that she was going to Disneyland. haha

We are in the middle of painting so half of our kitchen is grey and the other half that goes into the living room is the tan… very nice. ;)
Yesterday I met with my design team at American Crafts. Paper Crafts was also there getting a tour of the building.
Don’t be too jealous… but later Paper Crafts editorial and Go-to Gals got a sneak peek of my new lines of Dear Lizzy products. I actually felt like I was going to get in trouble or something ;) since everything is so hush hush right now until the reveal at cha in July–but it was cool to show them and to see their reaction and what they liked about it. They are such a fun & talented group of ladies!

22 thoughts on “cookies by day crafts by night

1. Danielle Merry

Sugar cookies great minds think alike ;) I watched Martha Stewart last week and they had wonderful staind glass sugar cookies. They used crushed up Jolly Ranchers in the holes the cut out in the butterfly cookies. It was so sweet and simple!!! Thought I would share and I can't wait for July to come!!!!!!!

2. Theresa

I can't wait to see what your new line looks like. Your dear lizzy line is awesome. I had to have it all. I'm sure the new one is just as fabulous. July will be here quickly. =)

3. Sarah Mullanix

Those photos are so sweet…and what a teaser seeing you with all of the new goodies that we can't see!! Can't wait til July!

4. Renee Zwirek

I hope you & AC lets us have a sneak peak of the new DL line before July. Oh, please, please, please!! I can't wait to see it! So, excited! I'm actually waiting for more DL stuff that I ordered…it should come tomorrow…like a kid in a candy store. ;)

5. Mandi

Can't wait for more Dear Lizzy stuff! Just got some of the fabric paper today and plan on trying out your video flower tutorial this weekend!

6. carylhope

Dear Lizzy,

If we plead enough can we have a peek too? Please, please, pretty please? :-)

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE DL stuff and can't wait to see the new collection.
    The good thing about waiting is I can save up for it! But oh, the anticipation is killing me.

Hugs,
    Caryl

7. Anja

Oh the first pic is so nice – love it!
    I think with kids you get more interesting pics.
    I´m excited for your next days!

8. Lynette

I just love the angle of your photos…must try to break out of taking "ordinary" pics and focus on different angles.

9. liza

I've been a fan of your blog for sometime, now. Commenting occassionally, loving your music and crafting vicariously through you. {not a big crafter myself, eventhough, I like to pretend to be one.}

I do have a very important question…Where did you find those AWESOME decals on your walls…LOL…? I'm in LOVE!!!!

10. Shemaine Smith

I'll be at CHA so I can hardly wait! I just scrapped up some lovelies of my daughter using your lines but I can's show them just yet :)Come by PaperPosies.com this weekend.

11. Wendy

I WANT TO SEE! I WANT TO SEE! (stomps foot on ground like a two year old) Can't we just see a little corner of one piece of paper. PLEEEEEASE! Seriously, the Dear Lizzy line is awesome! Love the adhesive backed fabric paper.

12. Keith and Kim Kesti

It was so awesome to see you, Liz! We had a ball at AC and your sneak really topped it off. I really admire your whole creative process. Smooches — Kim K.