delicious die cutting

It’s always fun to see a finished project in print. The July CK is hitting the newsstands and you can find my first Dear Lizzy article inside! I answer questions scrapbookers had about die cutting. Wanna sneak peek click here and let me know what you think.

Since I love cupcakes I was excited to use one of my favorite dies from Sizzix to make this cupcake holder. I ditched the sprinkles and topped it off with die cut flowers & some ribbon instead. It’s almost too cute to eat… almost! :)
Stay tuned for a die cut giveaway!

49 thoughts on “delicious die cutting

1. Bee

I saw this new section in CK! I have to say I’m glad to see your work more in the magazine, your scrapbook pages are awesome and it’s always a great pleasure to see them.
    I’m sure I will come up with questions!… 😉

2. Jill

I LOVE this idea! I saw it while I was visiting CK online.

Good Luck with your new section in the magazine! I will be reading it!

3. Robyn S. :)

I got that issue a couple weeks ago!!

The column was very good, but I also liked the article you did about using photos sleeves for extra pictures with your scrapbook pages. Such a practical and simple idea, though it never even crossed my mind!! LOL

4. MandieGirl

Love it- it’s so funny. I just told my friends this morning that instead of a birthday cake for my birthday next month, I want cupcakes, and I want to decorate them.

Looks delicious!

5. candi tardio

i have to agree with robyn s….i also loved that article about your extra pic’s!!!!
    cute cupcake holder!!!

6. Karen

loved your article. can’t wait to get my mag to read more. you always have such great ideas! guess that’s why you are soy…..

7. yvonne

love the article, will definitely be reading ever issue! Also wanted to say I love the new banner and pictures. Nice to see updated pic of Avery and new little Quincey. They are both soo cute.

8. Penny Smith

Congrats on you new little one!

If you DO decide to have another one, check out http://www.spinningbabies.com

And remember, even though she seems so “big”, Avery is still a baby! I had my boys 2 years apart (only an 8 day spread) and I look back at the pictures and realize, that I DIDN’T realize that my first was still so little too!

Congrats again! What a beauty!

9. Ashley & Chris Miles

I am so proud of you great mother, wonderful wife and sister and now you are the go to girl from scrap bookers around the world answering some of the most perplexed questions. YOU ROCK BIG SIS. I love you to death

10. Ashley & Chris Miles

11. Ashley & Chris Miles

12. Ashley & Chris Miles

13. Ashley & Chris Miles

14. Ashley & Chris Miles

15. Ashley & Chris Miles

16. Ashley & Chris Miles

17. Ashley & Chris Miles

18. Christy

How adorable! I wanted to let you know that I loved your column in the latest CK issue. I’m really looking forward to reading it each month!

19. Jenny Mick

What an adorable idea!! I haven’t gotten my July CK yet, I’m so excited to get it and check your column out!

20. Tiffany

I seriously love that cupcake holder! I need a die cut machine! I am seeing the most adorable creations used with them! Holy cow. How am I so behind the times.

21. Latrice

I loved this project!! I’m thinking I might use it for Annastasia’s 3rd birthday. Can’t wait to read more in your column.

22. Mimmers49

I love my Cricut, and my poor Sizzix just doesn’t get the same attention…I guess I need to find a place to buy more dies for it. Thanks for sharing all your bright and wonderful creations! I would like to share a little die cut trick with you that I used to make a fish from the Little Mermaid image… http://mimmersscrapbooks.blogspot.com/2008/06/fathers-da-y-cards.html. I would love to hear yours and anyones comments…sure is lonely on my blog.

Happy Scrapping,

Kimberly in Nevada

23. Kacey Elliott

Loved the ideas you shared! Thank so much for the link since I don’t usually buy the magazine. P.S. I love your new blog banner! I usually read you through Google Reader so I don’t know how long it’s been up, but I love it!

24. Hayley

I love it. The first thing I did when I got the mag last week was look at your new article. Congrats again!!!

A post without a new pic of the baby….shame shame SOY!!

LOL, just kidding, but we wanna see more pics and both lil miss q and big sis A!!!

Hayley

25. Noeleen

O.k. so I’m a fan. You have won me over. I didn’t think you would because I am the sorest looser alive…but I am officially a fan. Kudos. Awesome work. Thanks for inspiring me.

26. Melanie B

that is TOO CUTE!!! can’t wait for July….it takes a little while to come to OZ!! Have a great week!!! Might try those cupcakes!!! Melxx

27. The Boys Mommy

Hi…enjoyed your new article in CK! Last month I submitted a question (and it {sigh} wasn’t picked). Should I resubmit the same question or will past questions be considered in subsequent issues?

Thanks for sharing your inspiring, creative ideas!

28. Cassie

Mmmm! That cupcake looks really good. I had no idea Sizzix made a cupcake holder…gotta get me one of those.
    Love the new blog header, too.

29. Tina

Hi there,
    I was wondering if you had a choice, would you get the Big Kick or the Big Shot? I have the original Sissix and after seeing what you did am going to go get some of their Bigz Dies, but was not sure which of the two machines to purchase.

I love your new column in CK. I was so excited to get my July issue to check it out!!!

You do such great crafts. I love reading your blog and keeping up on all that you are doing and your family. What a great family!!!

Thanks,
    Tina

30. sara korinek

your baby is so beautiful….can you do a quick post on how you did your blog header? i love it and mine is so boring – i could use some help!

sara

31. Anonymous

looks great!!!…love, love, love the column and what a great CK issue, too…i am still looking at it over a week since i got it…
    😉 angie/craftyscrapr

32. Christi

Aw, the cupcake is too cute! And the “Dear Lizzy” article was fabulous…looking forward to more! :)

Love your blog’s new look…new pictures, new header, new song….LOVE it! Hope you’re having a great week!